Saturday, April 5, 2008

Inspector Gadget

At an interview yesterday, the topic of Inspector Gadget came up. Inspector Gadget was an incompetent detective who had various gadgets built into his body. He had springs, a palm pilot thing, a giant magnifying glass. He was basically a human swiss army knife.

As a kid, I didn't have the creepy crawlers so I would use my imagination for fun. I would pretend to be Inspector Gadget. I used a pogo stick as my springs. I folded construction paper and taped a calculator inside, and now I had the palm pilot thing.

Of course, my childhood memories were ruined with the Matthew Broderick movie. As bad as that was, French Stewart from Third Rock From The Sun had to mess it up with the direct-to-video sequel. Seriously though, what exective thought a direct-to-dvd sequel starring French Stewart would work?

No comments: